On December 20, 2012 the CRHA passed a new policy for barment and un-barment (no trespassing)
Residents and PHAR have worked hard to get one of the best policies possible that brings some fairness and dignity to residents and their friends and families.
We Want to Hear from You…
If you know someone who would like to have their bar lifted
PLEASE call PHAR at 434-984-3255 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can help make sure the process works and that your rights are respected…
We Are Looking Forward to Many People Coming off of the Bar List Soon!
Here is what the new policy says:
– 3 levels of timelines for unbarment: 6 months for nuisance misdemeanor, 2 years for non-violent crimes and minor drug offenses, up to 7 years for violent felonies, drug distribution, and domestic violence.
– Timelines assume someone is unbarred unless the ED shows reason not to unbar someone within 15 days of applying.
– Special permission for barred persons to visit residents.
– Right to appeal any decision about barment or un-barment by resident
– Clear outline for how police can stop someone in your neighborhood- reasonable suspicion is needed
– Written notice required to be given to the resident and the barred person stating why the person is barred
– New Policy Applies to the Current List!!!
How to Get Unbarred and dealing with the Current List
Because the current list has not been maintained, and because the new policy applies to those currently on the list you may have an opportunity to get unbarred without applying!
– Call PHAR if you know someone who wishes to be unbarred! We need to make sure the law is followed and that the process is implemented fairly! PHAR can let you know if you have been given the proper notice about barment and may be able to help you come off the list without applying!
– If you have not received written notice stating the reason for barment you may not have to apply for un-barment!
– If you want to use the new CRHA process please call PHAR first, and then visit the CRHA main office and ask to come off of the list- CRHA will require you to consent to a criminal background check.
If you know someone who is barred and would like to see them unbarred please call PHAR so we can assist in making sure that your family members and loved ones have the fastest, easiest, and fairest way off of the no trespassing list!
Call: (434) 984-3255
or e-mail: email@example.com